Job Announcement: Program Coordinator
The National Veterans Network is seeking a program coordinator that will assist with the planning, coordination, and implementation of educational programs that includes a teacher training institute, traveling exhibition and online exhibition about the Japanese American World War II soldier experience. The coordinator will be responsible for planning, researching, implementing, and evaluating all phases of the education programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with planning, coordination, research, and implementation of teacher training institute, traveling exhibition and online exhibition
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and implement program planning meetings, outreach events and programs
- Prepare and coordinate program communications in newsletters and social media
- Work to keep programs on schedule, within stated budgets and functioning smoothly
- Coordinate interactions/relationships between staff, clients, administrators and all other program stakeholders
- Oversee the use of technology for program operations, such as video conferencing technology and power point presentations
- Create and maintain program records, reports, presentations, and proposals
- Facilitate positive relations between the program team, the public, other departments within the organization, and all other involved parties
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Museum studies, Education, Communication, Asian American Studies, Nonprofit or related field
- Prior program coordination experience in museum and/or nonprofits preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize programs and events
- Ability to research and write articles and blogs
- Ability to multitask and handle deadlines
- Work in a team environment – Social Media experience preferred
- Ability to represent the mission of the organization with Museums, community organizations, teachers and stakeholders
- Knowledge in U.S. history, Japanese American history preferred
- Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with staff, contractors, and other partners on a weekly basis via zoom
- Attend one to two in person meetings in Los Angeles, Washington DC or designated city/state
- The position is a part-time position that works 24 hours per week.
- This position is a remote and can work from their home
- The position will be required to attend weekly remote meetings in Pacific Standard time and may work on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
- The position may require national travel
Salary for this position is $22.44 per hour. This is a part-time, regular non-exempt position. A cover letter and current resume will be required for all applicants and emailed to email@example.com. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
About the National Veterans Network
National Veterans Network (NVN)’s mission is to educate current and future generations about the extraordinary legacy of American WWII soldiers of Japanese ancestry in order to promote equality and justice. The NVN delivers its national programs on the Japanese American World War II soldier experience in collaboration with the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center and the National Museum of the U.S. Army. The NVN continues to honor the American WWII soldiers of Japanese ancestry by promoting, protecting, and preserving their legacy of uncommon valor and selfless service for future generations.
Please visit us at www.nationalveteransnetwork.com, and follow the NVN on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@NtlVetNetwork).